Monday, March 29, 2010

M~
What a pleasant surprise to walk into the office this evening and see your envelope waiting on me in my box!
MUCHAS!!!!

I thought about you today. I had a cheeseburger @ the Red Bar in Grayton Beach & after a little "Pause That Refreshes" hike on the beach, I walked through town & noticed THE ZOO GALLERY. I walked in and asked if they had any schnauzers. No luck but I was thinking of you.

I'm not sure when I'll finish my blast about the event but in the words of Christopher Register, "Thanks, Dad, THAT WAS SOLID!"
Christopher was so handsome in his tux and his girl, Carsen, was gorgeous.

I got so many autographs it was ridiculous. Hit it off with Eddie Floyd. He wants me to get him booked in Tuscaloosa. I introduced him to Christopher with this comment,"My son served Wilson Pickett supper & got to spend time with him before he took the stage." Floyd replied,"You're not gonna believe where I'm supposed to be tonight. Today is Wilson's birthday and they're having a celebration in his hometown of Prattville! I'm was supposed to be there!"

Randy Owen, the lead singer for Alabama, walked up to Christopher out of the blue & said,"Hey, you've got my hair." It's the truth! Christopher's shaggy head looked just like Owen's did back in the early 80s.

My date, Billy Joe Royal, was a hoot. What a card! He kept his hands and feet to himself but he called me "Darling" and "Sweetheart" one or two too many times.

Gloria Buie, Buddy's wife, was radiant. It was a wonderful event for Buie's family.

Lots more stories. Event of the lifetime.

Thanks again for the newspapers.

best,
r

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home